KLERKX is the love baby of Manuela Klerkx and Oscar van Gelderen. Manuela is in charge of daily operations, and Oscar, who has a more strategic role in the venture, joins in from 5 to 9 PM (after working 9 to 5 at Lebowski Publishers).
KLERKX has the ambition to play a pioneering and innovative role in the dutch speaking and international art world. This is what we do:
* Artist Management: we operate as sparring partner for artists, take care of social media and digital strategy, negotiations and other business affairs - all in good harmony with representing galleries
* We collaborate with galleries who want to expand their business: we can jointly present work at art fairs (we worked with Frank Taal at NoFound Photo Fair in Paris, with Francis Boeske Projects at Unseen, with Ag Galerie at This Art Fair, Unseen and CODE), we can power artists of the gallery digitally, and we can discuss possibilities of showing work of artists outside the walls of the gallery. We can also stage pop up shows together. We don't compete with galleries, we want to be of added value, in total transparency
* We love special projects and look forward to collaborate with New York 'Punk Curator' Marc Miller and artist Bettie Ringma, showcasing their infamous 'Amsterdam Polaroids' from the 70s and 80s
* We coach and advice emerging artists. Check our 'coaching' page for prices here
* We endorse innovative and pioneering art projects, like the Young Collectors Circle
* We advice starting and experienced collectors: we can source works, offer framing advice and host collectors courses